If by chance you think of marrying or traveling on honeymoon in an exotic and romantic place, then do not think twice: Think in Dominican Republic, because here you have it all.
No matter what destination you choose, whether in the north or south or east, the hotels and beach resorts have their preparations for this purpose packages: from a civil judge or a priest up the marriage certificate from the sponge up everything on decorations, from photographs to video footage of the wedding celebration, from the bride’s bouquet to the gala dinner for all guests.
In Dominican Republic the couple will have a lush tropical landscape as the best decoration of your wedding, while for honeymooners hotels offer the best care for a memorable honeymoon.
Most resorts have you through your wedding planners or specialists different packages or plans that are available. In many cases, you can also check with your tour operator or travel agent in your country of residence, who previously coordinated with the hotel you choose.
After you have chosen Dominican Republic to celebrate your wedding in front of a civil judge, be aware that should bring the following documents:
1. Photocopy of passports.
2. Photocopy of birth certificates.
3. Singleness affidavit.
4. In case that either party is divorced, you must submit proof of divorce.
5. Two adult witnesses with valid passports.
6. All these documents must be legalized by the Dominican consulate in the country of origin and translated into Spanish.
For religious ceremonies:
1. Authorization of an archbishop of the country of origin of the couple to the local archdiocese, if they wish to marry in a Catholic church.
2. Pre-marital certificate.
3. Civil marriage certificate legalized by the Dominican Consulate, if the couple is already married by civil in their country.
4. Both baptismal certificate.
5. Confirmation certificate and certificate revocation partner church (if applicable).
Catholic churches which perform weddings for foreign couples:
– San Estanislao Church, in Altos de Chavón (La Romana)
– Basilica of Higüey or Nuestra Señora de La Altagracia (Higüey)
– San Felipe Cathedral of Puerto Plata (Puerto Plata)
– Primada Cathedral of Santo Domingo
– Santiago Apóstol Cathedral (Santiago)
– Synagogue of Sosúa (Puerto Plata)